<body class='loading'><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d21855885\x26blogName\x3dC\x27est+%C3%A7a+l\x27amour\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://estherangel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://estherangel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4206577712422739645', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
About    Instagram    Photolog    Contact




January 24, 2015

2014; a memory

Photo credit: E H Chua

2014 passed by in a blur, and I thought I just do a little reflection post to sum up my feels for the year before the new school term starts.

2014 was the year I was part of a group of extraordinary people who had such deep passion for the things that they do. I made many sacrifices, I found a home in campus, and with every successful execution of an event, the immense sense of accomplishment drowns out all the hard work and late nights behind it. It's hard to put into words the bittersweet feelings I have for these group of people, where I have at times been brutally honest with, and honesty makes one incredibly vulnerable. There were times that I felt betrayed with secret trust circles and hidden agendas that were outright yet unspoken. Yet, it was a belonging that I was truly proud to be associated with, and one that I had to let go too soon.

2014 was the year I started being serious with my career options and looking into the future. I did my internship, I chose my focus track and began to attend conferences and workshops that could help to propel me forward in life. Passion is a strange thing, one minute it provides you with chances and opportunities and the next minute it leaves you at a loss, uncertain and ambivalent. But it still leaves you with fuel and hope, regardless of what happens.

2014 was the year made the most out of my university experience. I did an overseas service learning project, led a volunteer enrichment programme for children and organised a full scale event for the school community. Having to juggle all of these commitments and academics proved to be a challenge which I became increasingly weary of, with occasional breakdowns and heartaches.

2014 was the year I became more comfortable in my own company. I used to be someone who would always tag along someone else, living in someone else's shadow. But now it doesn't matter if I attend a concert, or check out an exhibition alone. Independence can be a liberating thing, when you know that there are people who have your back.

2014 was the year I began to have a better understanding of love, of its sacrifices, of its struggles and of its selflessness. I found friends who truly care, I started to devote more time to family and I learnt how it feels like to be always thinking about someone at the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment