<body class='loading'><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d21855885\x26blogName\x3dC\x27est+%C3%A7a+l\x27amour\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://estherangel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://estherangel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4206577712422739645', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
About    Instagram    Photolog    Contact




February 15, 2014

Unexamined


Listening to: Cannonball, Damien Rice

'The unexamined life is not worth living." ~Socrates

Strangely enough, this is a quote that led me back here. It's an admission essay topic I wrote on for ip, and since 2013 ended, there has been a nagging thought at the back of my mind to update and reflect on the past year and the year ahead.

Although it's halfway past February already, I've yet to think about a proper resolution. Get good grades, manage my time properly, exercise, be kind and work harder. Love more.

As years go by, the expectations I have of myself grow exponentially- and so does the expectations that society demands of me. Lately my spirit has been slightly crushed with a mini quarter life crisis where it seems like my life has been a mismatch of many things- my degree, my interests and passions, and my future- and nothing seems to be geling well.

Suddenly I'm struck by how near graduation is and how everything is moving so fast. I feel like I've been living too much in the present- which is not necessarily a bad thing I guess, because I truly enjoy every moment I have; but yet, it feels like I'm walking through a straight tunnel with the light at the end I choose to ignore. Because I'm too afraid to face the future.

Perhaps then, I should resolve to find that courage and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment