<body class='loading'><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d21855885\x26blogName\x3dC\x27est+%C3%A7a+l\x27amour\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://estherangel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://estherangel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4206577712422739645', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
About    Instagram    Photolog    Contact




September 23, 2011

I wish I could discover something that doesnt expire

Listening to: Bubbly by Colbie Caillat



Don't know how many people will watch this video, but it's so super touching I don't think my words will ever do justice to it. So watch! You can feel so much love from their voices alone.

StoryCorps is an independent nonprofit whose mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives. (link)


It is the most amazing thing, the human voice. Don't know if I sound pseudo-philosophical or anything, but I feel so strongly for this project. Maybe the idea alone of preservation intrigues especially to someone as sentimental as me, or maybe I feel that we've all really stopped listening- I know I have, sometimes.

We've stopped opening our hearts out to all these good that's happening in our lives, the uncountable things that we should really be grateful for everyday. These videos struck a chord with me, and as I watched them (albeit obsessively, finished all of it during prelim period), I cannot help but think about my own life and the people around me.

One day, when I look back in retrospect, what would be my story? On facing death, how would I ever find the courage and be able to understand things from the perspectives of these people, to whom I so deeply admire?

No comments:

Post a Comment